Join the STEAM Funding Committee!
STEAM @ SILVER OAK NEEDS YOU!
PTO is looking for volunteers to join our committee of Silver Oak parents for the purpose of applying for corporate grants to enable the continued operation of our STEAM Lab for Fall 2019 & beyond. Last year's spring fundraising was able to bridge the funding gap for the 2018-19 school year, but we recognize that it is not an ongoing solution. We need to identify corporate grants that we can apply for to sustain our STEAM Lab operation in the years to come. We know this is possible, as we received a $10K grant from KLA Tencor at the close of last year to help fund the current year.
Committee volunteers would be able to participate from home as their schedule allows.
We are hoping the committee, as a whole, will be able to...
- Research Bay Area companies to determine which may offer STEAM funding programs
- Utilize our parent network to locate companies with available grants/funding
- Determine what the application process is, requirements, eligibility, and timeframe
- Communicate with the committee lead when leads are found (will help avoid duplicate effort)
- Apply for funding / Write grant requests
- Form a sustainable plan for STEAM lab funding
Questions? Please contact STEM Director, Neha Vyas