Enrollment and Registration
Welcome to John J. Montgomery Elementary School! Please read the directions below carefully. Email all necessary documents to our school secretary, Patty Maciel, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective, Monday, April 6, 2020, Evergreen Elementary School District will be accepting new student registrations via email through the following steps:
- Go to the School Locator and enter your house number and street name to locate your home school of residence.
- Determine your child's grade level according to birthdate.
- Print and complete the appropriate grade level registration packet below.
- Gather and then scan or take a picture of these additional required documents:
- Three to four proofs of residency (see registration packet)
- An image of an original birth certificate or passport for the child
- Proof of immunizations (see registration packet)
- A completed and signed image of the HLS (Home Language Survey) form
- Email all registration forms and required documents to the school secretary at your home school of residence. This can be found on the front page or in the staff directory of your home school's website.
- Spanish Dual Language Program Application - After completing steps 1-5, see instructions in the Spanish Dual Language Program section below.
Please email Amy Shaffer email@example.com or Jessica Villalobos firstname.lastname@example.org regarding any questions that pertain to this process. Your patience is appreciated while we work together to ensure families a smooth process for registration until we have an on-line registration in place.
Students residing in the Evergreen School District (ESD) are assigned an elementary and a middle school based on their home address. Enrollment at the school of residence is on a first come, first served basis. Every attempt will be made to place new students at their school of residence. However, the district cannot guarantee such placement and reserves the right to overflow students to other schools within ESD as necessary when a grade-level enrollment capacity is reached. Any student overflowed to a school other than their school of residence will be provided transportation from their school of residence and back. Overflowed students will return to their school of residence the following school year or as space becomes available.
Registration Packets by Grade
- Transitional Kindergarten
- Kindergarten and First Grade
- Grades 2-6
- Grades 7-8
If you are unable to print a registration packet, please email email@example.com and request a packet be mailed to you. Please include the address you want to receive the packet along with the grade level and preferred language packet you want.