Evergreen School District Dual Language Immersion Opportunities!
Please take our survey!
Distrito Escolar Evergreen Oportunidades de inmersión en dos idiomas!
Por favor complete nuestra encuesta!
Cơ hội học tập song ngữ! Hãy làm khảo sát của chúng tôi!
Take Survey Now
Our District is on a continuous journey to make our schools the best places for students to learn, staff to work, and parents to send their children for a strong education. We are looking to expand opportunities for our families with an English-Spanish dual language immersion program in 2020-2021! This survey is designed to help us gauge interest not only for an English-Spanish program, but also the potential for an English-Cantonese/Mandarin and English-Vietnamese program in the future. This survey is designed to adapt to your responses and will take between 3-7 minutes to complete. Thank you in advance for your participation.
Distrito Escolar Evergreen Oportunidades de inmersión en dos idiomas
Nuestro distrito está en un viaje continuo para hacer de nuestras escuelas los mejores lugares para que los estudiantes aprendan, el personal trabaje y los padres envíen a sus hijos a una buena educación. ¡Estamos buscando ampliar las oportunidades para nuestras familias con un programa de inmersión en dos idiomas inglés-español en 2020-21! Esta encuesta está diseñada para ayudarnos a medir el interés no solo para un programa inglés-español sino también para el potencial de un programa inglés-cantonés / mandarín e inglés-vietnamita en el futuro. Esta encuesta está diseñada para adaptarse a sus respuestas y tomará entre 3 y 7 minutos completarla. Gracias de antemano por tu participación.
Cơ hội học tập song ngữ
Học khu của chúng tôi đang trên một hành trình liên tục để biến trường học của chúng tôi thành nơi tốt nhất để học sinh học tập, nhân viên làm việc và phụ huynh gửi con em họ đến một nền giáo dục tốt. Chúng tôi đang tìm cách mở rộng cơ hội cho các gia đình của chúng tôi với chương trình song ngữ Anh-Tây Ban Nha vào năm 2020-21! Khảo sát này được thiết kế để giúp chúng tôi thu hút sự quan tâm không chỉ đối với một chương trình tiếng Anh-Tây Ban Nha mà còn là tiềm năng cho một chương trình tiếng Anh-tiếng Quảng Đông / tiếng Quan Thoại và tiếng Anh-tiếng Việt trong tương lai. Khảo sát này được thiết kế để thích ứng với câu trả lời của bạn và sẽ mất từ 3 đến 7 phút để hoàn thành. Cảm ơn bạn trước sự tham gia của bạn.
In December, our kindergarten students join their voices in song to celebrate the winter season. Again in June, they share the music they have learned all year.
While learning about good character traits, the second graders perform a musical play relating to the building of good character and supporting the school's Code of Conduct. The entire student body watches and enjoys this play in March. Followed up by a performance for their parents.
Education comes to life at Camp Campbell Outdoor Science School where 5th grade students experience the thrills of nature through hands-on lessons and activities. Camp Campbell fosters a love for nature and the outdoors, and the development of attitudes and practices that build character and awareness for the environment—all amidst the fun of campfires, songs, and meaningful relationships.
At Camp Campbell Outdoor Science School, students will:
- Experience a hands-on “living” curriculum in an outdoor setting
- Develop an understanding of their role in the environment
- Gain independence as they spend 4 days and 3 nights away from home in an atmosphere committed to building healthy youth through asset development
- Learn responsibility as they take care of themselves and their belongings
- Gain respect for others as they share a living space with fellow students
Environmental education at Camp Campbell Outdoor Science School is an extension of classroom curriculum. Just as students go to the lab to study chemistry or to the gym to study physical education, students need to go the outdoors to learn best how the environment operates. Students see, feel, hear, and smell the realities of nature.
- Enhance concepts learned in the classroom
- Develop an understanding and appreciation of the functioning ecosystems
- Develop an understanding of the interdependence between humans and the environment
- Provide a quality experiential learning adventure in an outdoor setting
- Develop respect for self, others, and the environment
- Increase students’ sense of self-worth through successful learning
Variety of teaching techniques:
- Each field group participates in a daylong hike, approximately 3-5 miles round trip, traveling through several eco-communities.
- Students experience a night hike and astronomy study that emphasizes nocturnal animal life and nighttime sensory awareness.
- Students participate in a campfire where each cabin group presents a skit about concepts learned during the week.
Our qualified staff of California credentialed field teachers and naturalists lead students through our curriculum. Our field teachers and naturalists are experienced in the special structure and teaching skills required by an outdoor classroom setting. All naturalists have completed an 8 week intensive internship program.
- Students are supervised in the cabins by mature and responsible high school student volunteers who are at camp as part of a teen leadership program.
- Cabin leaders are in good academic standing and must obtain a signature from all of their teachers as a reference that they are a good role model for younger children.
- Cabin leaders participate in extensive training where they learn behavior management, child abuse prevention, appropriate games to play and stories to tell, and much more.
- Each cabin leader is guided and supervised throughout the week by a field teacher.
Health ServiceOur Health Supervisor is available at camp 24 hours a day.
- Every field teacher is first aid and CPR certified, carries a first aid kit, and a radio for quick access to the health supervisor even when out on trail.
- Program staff help maintain health and safety standards.
Students meet one day a week before school to learn different problem solving techniques and practice solving non-typical math problems. The Math Olympiad contest consists of 5 exams held once a month from November to March. Exams cover advanced math problems and have the same paper for 4th, 5th and 6th graders.
Evergreen District School Band (5th and 6th Grades)
This Instrumental Band Program is an optional part of the curriculum of the Evergreen School District. The program is offered to all 5th and 6th grade students interested in learning to play a band instrument. Band class meets for 45 minutes once a week during the school day and is a “Performing Arts” class. Performances are important and all students are expected to perform a band concert. There is no cost for this program. Students will be provided “Standards of Excellence, Book 1” by Bruce Pearson (the red book). A cleaning/care kit for their instrument of choice will be needed. Students may also need to rent or buy their instrument. Instruction will be offered on flute, clarinet, alto saxophone, trumpet, and trombone. Registration and classes begin in September. For more information, contact: Karen Kolber, Evergreen School District Music Teacher, firstname.lastname@example.org or 408-270-6900.
Reading Comprehension Through Art 4-6
Through the Evergreen Elementary School District, an art teacher conducts weekly hands on art lessons to our 4th through 6th graders.
Students in grades 3-6 have the opportunity to participate in Drama Club through our school play. The after school Drama Club allows students to fully experience being a part of a theater production from auditions, to rehearsals, to the excitement of the performance and finally the reward of applause for a job well done. We partner with Starting Arts, a nonprofit organization whose mission is the promotion and preservation of quality arts education in public schools. Practices begin in February with performances in May.