Positive Behavior Programs
Honor Roll is a special accommodation awarded to students who reach certain academic goals throughout the year. You must be in grades 4-6 to be eligible for the program.
- Gold Honor Roll is awarded to students who receive all A's on their report card and demonstrate satisfactory citizenship (no N's or U's).
- Silver Honor Roll is awarded to students who receive all A's and B's on their report card and no N's or U's.
Report cards are given out each trimester. Students have three opportunities over the course of the school year to reach Honor Roll.
Mustang Money may be given to students who demonstrate courteous playground behavior and/or help keep our school clean. Students also may receive Mustang Money for helping in the lunchroom.
ABC is Project Cornerstone's most popular program, with more than 2,900 adults reading to 38,000+ kids in over 127 schools. The ABC Program is a literature-based program addressing important issues like respect, tolerance, honesty, peaceful conflict resolution, taking a stand against bullying behaviors, and refusing to participate in gossip. Parent and caregiver volunteers read specially selected books then lead discussions and activities that help teach valuable lessons related to these issues. The program's goal is to help school communities achieve the following:
- Create a common language and vocabulary about student respect and behavior expectations among all members of the school community — students, parents and caregivers, teachers and staff.
- Help students develop skills to handle physical, verbal, relational and digital bullying and to STAND UP if they see someone else being bullied.
- Increase the number of caring adults on campus so that all students feel that there is at least one adult they can turn to if they have a problem.
- Contribute to a positive school climate where every student feels valued and supported to achieve and thrive.
ABC Program Books
During the school year, 8 books are read, once monthly (skipping December and June.) The ABC program is a cumulative program spanning 3 years, so books are repeated every three years.
Get Involved – Become a Volunteer Reader
Spending an hour in your child's class can make a world of difference. It's a great opportunity for moms, dads, grandparents and family friends to support children in a meaningful way. For more information, contact the school office, PTA or go to the Project Cornerstone website.