Frequently Asked Questions
Safe Together-Schools Reopening Evergreen Staff FAQ
We are incredibly thankful to our staff and families who continue to provide critical feedback, and we are continually working to adapt our practices to meet the needs of our students and staff during these times. Below are some common certificated and classified staff questions that have emerged from meetings that we held with the Evergreen Teachers Association and CSEA Chapter 432 over the past month, as well as questions we have received via email. Please note that there are certain matters that are still pending confirmation due to negotiations and approval of MOUs, and these have been noted below.
Specific information regarding the hybrid learning model is still under development and due to the dynamic nature of the health and safety guidelines and regulations, we will update this page with this information over the coming months. For this reason, these FAQs are addressing questions pertaining to Distance Learning only.
Matters Still Pending
Some certificated staff work conditions--including required live minutes, bell schedule, flexibility with daily format--are still pending, so if they are not addressed below, then more information will be provided at a later date.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
- 3 hours for TK/Kindergarten
- 3 hours, 50 minutes for Grades 1-3
- 4 hours for Grades 4-8
- Breaks (do not count toward instructional minutes)
- Lunch periods (do not count toward instructional minutes)
- Daily Live interaction
- Student ZoomDesk: Students will have the opportunity to call a homework help desk for support with school work.
- Technology Support Desk: Students and families will have access to tech support. ESD will make efforts to offer tech support in Spanish and Vietnamese.
i-Ready-August 26th (TBD)
Ellevation (English learner) Training - August/September and ongoing
Google Classroom - August 10-12
Distance Learning Ongoing Training
Asynchronous Training Tech Tuesday newsletter and ESD Most Requested Help Website
Synchronous Training - TBD based on staff survey (1st Wednesdays)
Seesaw - TK-3 (Training TBD)
- Schools will continue to provide school-based activities and clubs, in a virtual format
- Teachers, Principals, and Support Staff will use a creative approach to help students connect and engage in clubs, and school spirit activities
- SB 98 creates requirements for reporting attendance during distance learning.
- Teachers will take students' attendance and participation under distance learning
- SB 98 defines daily participation & requires districts to develop a re-engagement plan if a student misses more than 60% of their weekly participation rate.
- Students and families can expect that ESD will make every effort to ensure student participation, including making home visits, if necessary.
- Student attendance is not optional.
- ESD will work with families to ensure their children attend school, offering support if the family is experiencing hardships that prevent the child from attending school.
More information will be forthcoming from your site principals regarding the processes and procedures for tracking attendance and instructional minutes. Note: Additional information regarding excused/unexcused absences, reporting absences, as well as addressing technology and electricity (i.e., brown outs) challenges that prevent student attendance, will be provided by your school site.